Thursday 26 March 2015

Finding Cinderella

As kids, we have all enjoyed reading Fairy Tales and fantasised growing up and living a Magic-filled life in a Palace and also imagined living with Step-Mom's not 'Real-Moms'.

Is there a possibility that even today, we can find a Cinderella or a Snow White in our own lives.

Sharing 3 experiences, where I was able to connect to one or more Fairy Tale Characters:

Cinderella 

Once, as part of preparation for a birthday party, my elder Sister had kept everything ready for me: my outfit, accessories, shoes, handbag, my hair-do was planned, nail paint at the best nail-art gallery. 

I looked my very "best" in every sense of the word.

After the party, little tired and very happy, as I got into my worn-out pyjamas, bundled up my hair into a untidy bun, thinking about how my nail-paint would wear off after I got home, I laughed out loud and said "Oh! This is such a 'Cinderella-like Moment'. From princess to pauper when clock strikes twelve".

My sister retorted immediately, "Whats wrong about being Cinderella! She found her Prince at the end of the story".

A very positive thought indeed! 

We are able to connect to stories because the characters share challenges faced by each one of us. 

In a world where we are constantly battling between our free-will and destiny, stories can provide inspiration and positivity even in the most dire circumstances and help keep our hopes alive. 

Never Mind whether I am Cinderella or not, my Sister is most certainly the Best Fairy-God-Mother anyone could ever find.

Snow White

I recently encountered a challenge whereby no matter what I did, it was impossible to please a select group of people in a particular city who thought I was intruding in "their territory" and thus stepping on their feet.



Welcomed and encouraged by many, my intentions being ignored, I find myself envied and even 'boycotted' by these few and I am still not able to understand about why working extremely hard for bringing a positive transformation in the lives of hundreds of people, is a crime. Is peaceful coexistence a mere myth!


On hearing my plight, a wise friend humbly said, "You are not facing rude behaviour because of who you are! Their behaviour is a result of who they wish to be but are unable to achieve!!"

"They want everything that you have but are not willing to work for it. Lack of effort and sky-high desires are the foundation for jealousy. Their anger is not against who you are; its about who they are not!!"


This was totally a 'Snow-White' like moment, where Snow White was ill-treated by her step-mother because she was the Fairest of all. Snow-White was someone her Step-Mother whole-heartedly wished to be but was not!!


Well, may truth prevail!! May wisdom triumph in the end!!


Panda


I have always loved the wisdom given to Kung fu Panda by his teacher Master Shifu, "Everything is possible when you have inner peace".

A recent argument with an acquaintance led me think about how difficult is it really, to forgive people who have offended us or intentionally / unintentionally hurt us.


After all, I dont have to literally be a Panda to understand a simple truth and that is 'My Inner Peace is more important than events outside'. 

Not being able to forgive creates turmoil in the mind, blurs vision, blocks our mind where we are not even able to see the most obvious.


Attaining peace within, makes forgiveness a natural effortless process. Forgiving others only helps us move on in life leaving behind scars and offensive moments.

After all when we forgive people it does not make them right, it makes us free.

Message for the Week:





16 comments:

  1. Loved your blog Di :) It reminds me of a Panda moment in my life which I wanted to share with you. I couldn't send this in time but still would like to share with you. Like Panda was fascinated with Kung fu, I was fascinated with people who were great public speakers. But I always thought it was for ppl who can speak aggressively and being a soft spoken person I believed that I could be anything but a trainer. ( Panda was also convinced that because he was fat n unfit he couldn't b a dragon worrier). Accidentally I was hired as a trainer without any training experience. After I conducted my first training session the first remark I got was 'people enjoyed listening to me as my voice had calming effect on them. It wouldn't be tiring for audience if I conduct day long trainings as listening to an aggressive person for hours often drains the energy of the listeners.' I was totally taken aback! What I thought to be my weakness for years was actually a strength! I need not be someone else to achieve something. As master Oogway says we just need to 'believe' in it! Also I realised that me getting into training wasn't an accident. Remember what master Oogway said to master Shifu.. 'There are no accidents!'

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely post. keep writing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bhaskar chandra27 March 2015 at 23:57

    simple solutions for complicated situations. good work. write more often

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucksmi read your blog. AMAZING!!! Short of words to praise u. Pls write more often. Luv

    ReplyDelete
  5. luckshmi ji enjoyed reading your blog, real life moments shared with a message, always enjoyed ur stories, and the message they conveyed. pl write more often. jai gurudev

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simple yet profound. Looking forward to your next post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you V-Anshul :) Next One coming up Soon!!!

      Delete
  7. have always enjoyed reading your posts. your experiences teach a lot. thank yo for sharing. pl write more oftn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU and all others who read my posts, leave such lovely comments and inspire me to keep writing

      Delete
  8. awe sum post. was able to connect so well to the snow white sharing. someone at work has been bothering me so much and now I understand why. this for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad this post helped you recognise and overcome a real-life situation

      Delete
  9. Manisha Mulchandani30 March 2015 at 21:58

    Nice reading

    ReplyDelete