Thursday 30 October 2014

Finding Aladdin's Magic Lamp

As children, we were all mesmerised by the story of Aladdin and the Magic Lamp.

The thought has surely crossed my mind several times 'Oh! I wish I had the Genie and the Magic Lamp'

But Wait!! 

Many of my wishes do come true; I think about something and BINGO!!! my seemingly impossible wish comes true. Some wishes simply don't materialise; Whats the secret! 

Does each ONE OF US have an Invisible MAGIC LAMP ALREADY thats simply waiting to be discovered.

Lets see if we can find our Magic Lamp. Lets Say….



  • Each one of us is Aladdin, who is born with inherent skills but not the means for gaining access to grand results that we refer to as 'Magic'.
  • My Mind, Intellect, Memory and Ego act as the Evil Magician. These inner faculties lead to the cave and thus help find my Inner Magic and they also lead me to judge, bring mistrust, remind me of past events when I failed, tell me grand results are not possible and thus cheat me into believing that I am a 'nobody' and I can achieve nothing.





  • 'Finding the Cave' is going within myself; viz Observing my own mind, intellect, memory and ego; This process may be referred to as Meditation or Power of Prayer or even any form of Physical Practice that silences the mind(Eg.Bicycling or practicing Martial Arts, can be getting totally engrossed in any Art form like Dancing or Painting etc…); any practice where  my evil magician ceases to exist.
By using any of the above mentioned means or practices, I reach the Magic Lamp;



  • My Magic Ring or the Magic Lamp is the link that helps connect my physical world to the ethereal world. 
My Magic Lamp would be my own 'Commitment', 'Self-effort', 'Self-belief', 'Good company or friends', 'My teachers or Guru', 'My own Spiritual practices', etc… OR anything that helps my materialistic self to connect with the ethereal self.

Once, I learn the skills to silence the mind and to tap into my strengths, then the Genie appears that fulfils all my wishes.

  • So then, the Genie that appears for ful-filling my wishes would be the Higher Power or Energy that we refer to as 'God's Grace' or 'Past Karma' or 'Blessings' or 'Higher Self' or 'Good Luck' or any other name referring to the Power beyond my control.

Consistent, Patient Practice and our Intentions and Virtues pull the Genie into our lives and make us the Master of the Energy that fulfils all wishes. 


When I introspect and look into some real-life situations and compare it to Aladdins story, here are some analogies I find:

When my wishes are not getting fulfilled:

My wishes don't get fulfilled when I am unaware of my own inner strengths; Sometimes I don't get results because I am possibly not clear in my own mind about what I want!! I am still wandering in different directions looking for help; I am not able to bring myself to believe that the fulfilment of my wish is possible. 

Then, I am still a puppet in the hands of the Evil Magician and am yet to learn the skills to silence my inner negativity.

When my wishes do get fulfilled:

This happens when I have successfully conquered my evil magician and my inner faculties are in sync with my effort and my will. When I am One-Pointed, focused, clear and am marching ahead towards my goal.

When I am going through a bad phase:

Question to ask when facing a difficult situation: Have I, by any chance, exchanged the real Magic Lamp for a fake one? 
Am I holding onto my own strengths, wisdom, good practices OR Am I giving a greater priority and importance to unreal fears, illusionary worries and insignificant weaknesses. 

When we lose a Loved one?

During a conversation, a dear friend said, if she finds a Magic Lamp, she will use it for bringing back her father.

Like a Genie, our Loved ones play their role, give us everything we could possibly ever need and then leave to come back again with some other name and some other form when we need them again. Simply a call away, the magic added to our lives by their presence will always remain.

Message of the week:

May our Strengths win over our weaknesses and May Each One of us discover the Magic Lamp within.

I hope and Pray that every single Life Story ends with Aladdin's Victory and with the statement "…. they lived Happily ever After."

10 comments:

  1. Beautifully your wise words are inspiring to dive into self.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rachayita… Yes, the idea is to sit down and list out our own strengths.

      Delete
  2. vow... such a deep message conveyed in such simple words....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sunita.
      I like to write from the perspective of people who are not necessarily on the spiritual path, but are looking for solutions to their everyday challenges.
      Hope the posts help in showing the way

      Delete
  3. Truly an Eye Opener; Something seemingly complicated is made so simple by your post. thnks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully written di

    ReplyDelete
  5. A new perspective to an old story. v nice

    ReplyDelete
  6. highly inspirational

    ReplyDelete